I provide high quality, low cost digital mastering tailored to your requirements.
The cost is £25 per track. Standard turnaround time is 7 days.
Contact me using the form below to discuss your needs.
I have particular expertise with mastering dance music, electronic music, ambient music, experimental music, sound art, field recordings and spoken word.
What is mastering?
Mastering is the final step in audio production. It involves preparing your audio for its intended use, e.g. broadcast or streaming.
Mastering makes your audio sound as good as possible – a final polish before it goes out into the world. Mastering also deals with technical details such as avoiding distortion, meeting loudness standards and getting the right file format.
If you’ve ever wondered why your tracks, podcasts etc don’t sound as loud or as ‘finished’ as professionally produced audio, mastering might be the answer.
What is the process?
If you hire me to master your audio:
- We’ll start with a detailed conversation about your requirements, so I can understand your vision for the project.
- You can send me your audio files via a file sharing service (e.g. Dropbox, Google Drive)
- I’ll return the mastered files to you within 7 days, and invoice you for the job.
I’m always happy to do a revision if clients are not fully satisfied with the results.
I’m also happy to master a sample of audio for free if you want to assess the quality of my work before hiring me. Just drop me a line using the form below.
What equipment do you use?
Acoustically treated room, Neumann monitors, EVE Audio subwoofer, Beyerdynamic headphones, Mac Pro, RME audio interface, Logic Pro, plugins by UAD, Brainworx, SIR Audio Tools and Fabfilter.
If your audio needs effects or other treatments, I also have various hardware such as Roland Space Echo, Eventide Harmonizer, Allen & Heath mixing desk, AJH Gemini stereo analogue filter.
The tools I use to master your audio will depend on the style and your requirements. A typical process would involve:
- EQ to adjust the balance of frequencies
- mid-side processing to control and enhance the stereo image
- compression to control dynamics
- character processing such as high quality saturation, if required
- a limiter to set the final loudness and peak levels
The final master can then be output in whatever file formats you require.